I wanted to take this chance to announce our pending adoption. Clark and I have been talking about wanting to adopt since before we got married and have planned to adopt our second child. Now that Tobin is getting older we have started the adoption process. As our family and friends we wanted to tell you and to keep you updated on this new journey for our little family. We have been saving up money since Clark and I were first married and have almost half of the $26, 000 that it will cost. Right now we are in the middle of working of the mountains of paper work that is associated with international adoption and working on getting the home study done by the end of this month.
We hope to adopt a little girl from Ethiopia (whom we will name Jessa), but we are also open to a boy. The whole process takes a little over a year, so we could have our little girl (or boy) by spring 2009. She or he will more likely be around a year old by the time the adoption goes through. Tobin and the new baby will be close in age but at least a year or more apart. We are so excited! Please keep us and the new baby in your prayers as we wade through the paper work and wait to finally hold her/him in our arms.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know how excited you must be as this has always been such a dream in your heart. I am so glad you all are in the processes of seeing your little dream package come to pass!
Hope
Hi Sarah, Clark, and the "Cupid Shuffle" Kid! I'm so excited about the "Journey to Jessa". We will follow you all the way, praying! Love, Grandma
Post a Comment