Our forth day in Ethiopia was our third day with Fikrte as her new parents. The sad baby slowly disappeared and by Wednesday morning and a smiling baby girl was put in her place. It was amazing. It was like because she mourned the loss of her former life she could slowly start to bond to us. She started crawling around and smiling for one of the first times.
I spent the day in the hotel with Fikrte. Clark went to the meeting at Hannah's Hope with all of the other parents and babies. Fikrte's nannies were really sad that she didn't come back to say goodbye, but the director Almaz was okay with whatever was best for Fikrte.
I love this picture of her in her little "dog" bed that the hotel gave her. It was more comfortable than our bed, but she kept rolling out of it.
The dancing was amazing. All of the kids loved it and Fikrte just stared and stared.
We were such a huge group with all of our Ethiopian babies!
We got to sit with one of our traveling families and their new 2 year old little boy. Wow, could that kid eat and he knew how to do it much better than any of us.
Our whole group right before we left on Thursday evening for the airport.I will do one more post with some more pictures of Ethiopia and the plane ride home. Clark and I loved Ethiopia so much and would love to live there. I am praying that someday we will get to.

1 comment:
We cannot wait to go! Thank you for letting me in. I live vicariously through you at the moment. We want to go and rent a home and stay until our gotcha day. Knowing you love it makes me really wonder how we will feel.
Your baby is gorgeous.
Post a Comment