Monday, May 18, 2009

The Play is the Thing

I am the drama teacher for a small Christian school near my house. My brother Jared went there and my mom is the history teacher there for the middle and high school. A few weekends ago, I had my productions.

My older kids (7th-12th grade) performed Treasure Island and did an amazing job. This picture is the cast picture with the little kid extras that were in the first scene. I had to be in the first scene as well and had to dress up.

Tobin came dressed for the part and loved every minute of it. He sat in my lap for the whole play and loved every sword fight part.

Even though Jessica didn't feel good (chemo is rough on her) she managed to come to Treasure Island.

Baby Jessa was in costume too and was even in the first part of the play with me. She and Tobin were a hit and everyone thought they were so cute!

My younger kids performed their play a week later (yeah, I was super busy those two weeks and wanted to pull my hair out). The Wizard of Oz was so cute and they did such a good job. Tobin got to come to this play too and again loved to sit and watch it. He had better attention span than some of our audience. I was really surprised how well he sat there (he never sits anywhere quietly).

2 comments:

Amber said...

i think everyone looks great and so does the set.
i'm not a drama mama but I enjoy the arts of all types.

Jillian said...

I love it! You got to dress up too! totally cute! what fun! I can totally see Tobin loving acting when he gets older! :)
Jillian