I think this is my 100th post on this blog. I first started this blog when we started the adoption process for Fi and now we are a family of four. A few weeks ago we made that even more final by re-adopting her here in GA. She was already adopted in Ethiopia before we even went to get her and as soon as she was brought into the US with us she got a citizen card, but still only had an Ethiopian birth certificate and passport.
So a few months after getting home we contacted a lawyer and started the process to re-adopt her in our state. Our court date was a few weeks ago. The picture below is of us with the judge and our lawyer after making it official.
So a few months after getting home we contacted a lawyer and started the process to re-adopt her in our state. Our court date was a few weeks ago. The picture below is of us with the judge and our lawyer after making it official.
Our kids did not make this day in court easy. My Mom was suppose to go with us and help watch the kids but got really sick (we think it was a light case of swine flu) and Jessa was pretty sick from chemo and couldn't come either. So it was just me and Clark with the kids.
Once it was our turn with the judge both kids were crying for me and trying to get into my lap as I was being sworn in. Finally we were done and as we were leaving the judge said with a smile "have fun" which really sounded like good luck. Clark said, "we already do".
How can two kids that are so cute be so much trouble? Look at those faces! I just want to kiss them. Though after our day in court, Clark and I never want to take them out in public again.

4 comments:
Sarah, I love that picture, what a day to celebrate! Congratulations Fi, it looks like you picked a wonderful family!!!
Congratulations once again! They are both so adorable.
Awww....too cute! Hey, love the fact that as an adoptive parent you get to swear in and testify that this is a child- you want to have forever!!!!
Sarah, I love your humor, your love for your kids. I love Clark for being a wonderful husband and father...to find someone with your same dream of adoption...it's a God-thing. Sarah, I love you!
Post a Comment