Well, just had our monthly call with Kate and learned that our new waiting list number for a baby girl is 26. Pretty good from 30 a month ago I guess. It still will be around 6-8 months until we get a referral. I am hoping for a referral by Christmas and then we would travel around 2 months after that. But, with international adoption you never know what can happen and slow things down.
It is amazing to think that our baby Jessa is more likely already born and living somewhere in Ethiopia. We pray for her everyday that she will be safe, healthy, and taken care of until we can get there.
I also wonder how old she will be when we get the referral. Clark really wanted to stay in birth order, which I know is smart in the long run. But, I wanted an older toddler or preschooler. We want to adopt again and so this will probably be the only time that we adopt a baby or even a girl for that matter. Clark and I have talked about adopting older kids once our kids get a little older. As long as Tobin is always the oldest, Clark is happy.
Still I don't really want a young baby. I know that sounds crazy because most people love the cute baby stage. But, I would really love a 1 year old or older (good thing because this is the average age of babies that are adopted internationally). People have also asked me if I will be sad that I am going to miss the newborn/baby stage by adopting. I don't think I will at all! This is probably because Tobin's newborn stage was filled with walking the floors all night with a colic crying baby. Tobin would scream like he was on fire if he was out of my arms even for a second until he was 6 months old and even then he was not really happy until he could walk at 10 months. So my memories of a newborn are not the same as others.
In the end God knows though and so we will get the referral of the little girl that is meant for us. But, I can't help but wonder.......
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi. I came across your blog and thought I would stop by. We are also adopting from Ethiopia through AGCI. We are on the girls list too! I look forward to following along on your journey.
Amy
Sarah, Bobba and I are excited about Baby Jessa! When I think how long you've had this dream (maybe from age 10?)it makes all this even more exciting....we love you and Clark and Tobin and pray every day for Baby J. Also, tell Clark we haven't forgotten his b-day.... :-) Love, Grandma
Post a Comment