Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Waiting Game

It is so nice to have a court date for the adoption, but now the real waiting begins. I am trying to not think too much about our baby so that I won't miss her. I don't really know much about her. We just have some pictures, some test results, and one sentence - she is a happy and content baby. We did learn some more information about how she was found and brought to HH. I think her birthday is a guess by the police and I wonder how far off it might be since she was six months old when she was found. Who knows how old she really is.

I think that the waiting will be easier since the holidays are coming up and I am so busy. Tobin is always moving and wears me out. Sometimes I wonder how I will mother two toddlers. For that reason though I am glad that she will be about a year when she comes home. Some of the referrals right before we got ours were for pretty young babies. It might seem weird, but I kind of wanted an older baby. She will be more mobile and will probably love playing with Tobin. I do hope though that we will get to see her walk for the first time.

I am looking forward to getting another picture of her. One of the case workers from AGCI went over to Ethiopia and said that she would take pictures of the babies. Some families are traveling in a few days to go and get their kids and one of the moms said that she would hold our baby and tell us about her. I want to hear anything I can about her since she is such a question mark.

Soon enough though she will be in my arms. I will try to keep busy til then. Please pray that we make it through court on Dec. 23rd then we would get to travel a month or so later.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Hi, my husband and I also have court on 12/23. I will be praying for you as well.
Sunny Nelson