Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ye Old Renaissance Fair!

For the last three years we have gone to the Renaissance Festival here in Atlanta. It started as just a fun thing to do, but now it is a family tradition. Last year we went with Clark's parents and we decided that this year we would dress up. Yeah, we are that geeky. But it was sure fun! We fit right in at the fair.



Robin Hood and his mommy - though everyone that saw us said that I must be maid Marian. Emphasis on the word "maid" as in cleans us after him and gets bossed around by him. I made Tobin's costume myself out of an old t-shirt and some material. I didn't think it was that good, but he was so cute that he pulled it off.


Tobin was the hit of the fair. Everywhere we went people said he was so cute and asked to take his picture. He was also given free ride tickets and candy from one of the vendors. He had such a good time running all over the place. He didn't stop all day.


His favorite part was the petting zoo where he finally got to see sheep and ducks that weren't just in a book. He wasn't scared at all and let them eat grain out of his hand.


Sippy cup and sword! Don't mess with Robin Hood! Clark bought him the sword at the fair and he went around hitting everything.



Grandma and Grandpa with our little Robin!


Our little family! Clark's Dad bought me a pirate hat. Yeah, that's right I have a Captain Jack pirate hat! The little kid in me that loved to dress up and play pirates was so excited! I am telling you dressing up for a Renaissance Fair is so much fun!!!! Clark and I figure that it will be something we do every year and get better and better costumes. Our kids will love it! Until they become too old, and then it will be so un-cool!


Tobin loved his hat so much that he wore for the next two or three days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Austin and I love going to Ren Fests, but We haven't gotten costumes yet. We had a great festival in Nashville, but we haven't been to one here in Alabama. I am jealous!