Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day and Gardens

I had a great Mother's Day even though Tobin woke me up a few times in the middle of the night. We all had an early breakfast together and then went to church. Clark and Tobin had gone shopping for me and got me gift cards so I could go and buy some much needed clothes.

Tobin was really tired after church so he wouldn't smile much for our traditional Mother's Day picture. But, lately he likes to hug me when I pick him up and it is so cute. I love being a mom! All of the late nights, crying fits, and poopy diapers are so worth it when they hug you or call you mama.

I am so thankful for my mommy. Only now that I am a mom can a truly appreciate all that she has done for me. If I am ever a good mom it is only because of her!

Tobin and Destiny after church in the car! Best little friends.


Flowers that Jeff sent to Mom. It read "from your favorite Asian son". It was very sweet (good job Jeff!)


Mom looking at our present that we four kids made for her.

Tobin and Mommy's Garden!

A few weeks ago I started planting a garden and it has become Tobin's garden as well. Everyday we come out and water it. It is Tobin's favorite thing to do. He is only allowed to use a small measuring cup to water after drowning some of my seeds.


The plants have grown despite his help and he is learning how to not sit on them or dig them up. It has been a great activity for us to do together and I can't believe that we have planted some seeds and they have grown. Before this I have only killed house plants, so this is a big step in the right direction!




2 comments:

C said...

So great to meet your you and your family are a blessing from prayer. We do live in Savvanah right now but I am from Gainesville, Ga and all my family is there. My husband is from Duluth/Alphretta, and his parents are there. We also plan on moving back in the next couple of years!!! You do not know how happy I am to have meet you, it seemed like everyone is from out west. We come home to North GA. a good bit, and I just signed us up for the Marreita, Ga AGCI picnic the Augusta 16th maybe we could meet up there!Feel free to email me(some things we may not want the world to read on the blog!!)
gummie629@hotmail.com

C said...

Me again, I was wondering you don't happen to so to North Point Community Church??? that is where we use to go to church and where we go if we are at home!