Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October Number



Well, just got an email last night from Christy giving us our official number - 6! This is what I thought it might be based on the other blogs I read. I read a lot of adoption blogs now. Most of them are of other families that are also adopting from AGCI. It is nice to have a little online community of sorts. They all seem to know my unofficial numbers sooner than I do based on referrals that are coming in. I don't know how everyone else knows this stuff and I don't, but I am grateful because they are usually right.

So we are number 6 officially, but today on read on a few of the blogs that around 3 girl referrals were given out yesterday and today. So that could mean that we might very well be NUMBER 3 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh! I am trying not to get too excited because I know that many people have stayed at number 1 for months. I am also working very hard at keeping myself busy and telling myself that we won't get a referral until November. Denial is the name of the game. That way I will be surprised if it happens earlier.

But, I have to admit that I have been keeping my phone with me at all times and jumping just a tiny bit at every ring.

I find myself thinking about what our baby will look like and what her name will be. The biggest thing that I wonder though is how old she will be. We have told AGCI that we just want Tobin to be older and that we would love a 1 year old just as much as a baby. So my biggest question is how old will she be? Maybe I won't have to wait that long to find out. Who knows.
Our email also mentioned that wait times for travel will be increasing since the number of adoptions in Ethiopia is growing. We could wait up to 5 months after our referral to travel to go get her. So if we get a referral this month we could travel as late as March (but more likely in Feb).

7 comments:

Erin said...

Sarah, the secret is the listserve. Rumors fly like crazy over there, and we all eat them right up! Congratulations on your number! Could be this week, or could be Christmas.

Our journey said...

What an exciting number Sarah, especially with the three referrals! I am hoping you are looking at just a few more weeks.

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful!!!!!:)
Love,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

I am so ecstatic at the news, Sarah!

Our journey said...

http://www.adoptmed.org/home/ We used the Center for Adoption Medicine at the University of Washington in Seattle. We are in Washington State. They were great to work with. There are 2 doctors there. We saw Dr. Beldsoe. They have tons of info on their site. I would love to answer any questions if you have some.

Amy

Brian and Autumn said...

Hey Sarah I tagged you!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

I think you're now at #1 and I'm right behind you!! Woohoo!! Congratulations!

Sunday