Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wedding in Charleston

Last weekend, Clark, Tobin and I took a trip to Charleston, SC to go to the wedding of Clark's childhood friend. Clark and the bride grew up together and their parents still go the same church together.
This was the first long trip that just the three of us have taken in a while. Tobin did great on the 6 hour car ride over since we borrowed my parents car that has the DVD player in it. I have one of the those kids that never sleeps for more than a half an hour in the car and I mean without a DVD player and on really really really long trips.
The wedding was in this really nice hotel. Tobin was invited, but I stayed in the room with him for the ceremony. No reason to ruin some one's big day with your loud toddler. The mother of the bride thanked us later! But, we went down for the reception.
Tobin never stopped moving and loved listening and dancing to the band.


At dinner he then proceeded to put his hand in the butter, try to drink from the empty wine glasses, drop salad on the floor, take a bite of bread and put it back, bang the fork on the table, insist on feeding Clark, and spill all of the water glasses of anyone near by.

Needless to say that is the last time I am taking a toddler to a nice sit down wedding. Though I am sure that somebody out there has a toddler that will sit and be cute, I just don't know what that is like.


The cutest part of the night though was how Tobin loved the live band and insisted on dancing with me even though we were the only ones out there. He either wanted me to hold him close (like he saw other people dancing) or hold his hands and do a back and forth step. It was so cute! I love those moments when he stops running around or throwing something and is sweet to me.


The next morning we got to go the market down town and do a little shopping.


Onward Mommy!

It was a fun trip, but really fast and most of it was driving. It was also nice to see Charleston again. It is a really pretty city and Clark and I had spent part of our honeymoon there 3 1/2 years ago.

No comments: