Wednesday, April 1, 2009

That which is lost is found

When I travel I carry a mesh bag which holds all the batteries, charges, tripods, and cords which make modern life wonderful, every device we have including our phones has a different cord. My cords are rolled and bound with color coded Velcro strips (does anal retentive have a hyphen), I love this bag. Having things in their place makes me happy and free of worry. As dyslexics Sarah and I are a bit obsessed with organization.

Two weeks ago my sister and her two kids along with my mom and dad came for a visit, I had just returned from a camping trip in Michigan (it was 12 degrees one night) with these fellow geniuses
when tragedy struck. The bag was lost. After my family members return to their respected states I began to call every two days and demand that they own up to stealing my bag. I had been a victim of crime. I tore the apartment apart looking for this bag.

I had all but giving up hope of finding my mythical bag of collated magic and joy when I decide to check all parts of one of the chairs. Low and behold that which was lost is found.


Other items hiding in the structural crevices of the chair include:
1 webbing belt
2 pens
1 hammer head shark1 crocodile
1 magnet of Olmstead’s grand boulevard @ Central Park
1 stub from a flocked Christmas tree
2 Mardi Gras dablunes
1 nickel
2 pennies
1 small screw
1 ticket stub for the Star Trek Experience @ the lovely Las Vegas Hilton
1 business card for a woman who make authentic period customs for renaissance fairs
1 riffle for a playmobile cowboys and Native Americans playset
1 halls wrapper


judging from these items we might be a pair of the dorkiest parents

Jessa was excited to see the tripod and decided it must be tasted



Tobin decided to invest the money, but bonds and mutual funds being what they are he made a deposit in the spiny funnel bank that Uncle Ryan gave him.



To all who I accused I apologize…this time…I know they all including that wife of mine have it out for me.

3 comments:

Jess said...

HA!!! clark you should post more often this was entertaining to read. see you SOOO soon

Anonymous said...

Ok...I've prolonged this long enough. Here goes...Clark you are soo funny and i really enjoyed this post. No joke, It was classic written humor(ok, deflate your head and come back down out of the clouds). Jillian

Anonymous said...

Ps. Did you really find a wedding band? if so whose? Jillian