Saturday, August 8, 2009

Beautiful Sibling Moments

My kids are pretty close in age (a little over a year) and there is a lot of crying, pushing, and taking toys from each other in our house. They love each other like crazy and don't like being apart, but it is nice to see it every once and a while. Here are two cute times:

The other day I went to the store with just Tobin while baby Jessa stayed with Grandma. He loves getting out and helping me pick out food. He did great until we got in line to check out. In front of us was a mom with two young kids, one boy and one girl. Tobin looked at them for a second and then sadly told me, "Mama I want my sister. I want my baby sister." He looked really depressed. I have never heard him miss her like that. It was so sweet and I almost started crying right there in the grocery line. He felt better when I told him that we were going to go home and see her. Of course a few minutes after being home he was taking toys from her and making her cry.

Tobin got in trouble for taking a toy from Jessa and had to give it back. He was pretty upset because it was something of his (though he thinks everything is his to a certain extent). Jessa was so sweet and gave it back to him. Tobin ran up and hugged her and she kissed him. It was so beautiful.

These are the moments that make my day. I love my kids.

3 comments:

Eastiopians said...

Love it! How sweet!

Aunty Dill-yin said...

totally made me tear up:) I love it! thanks for sharing.

Jillian

Eastiopians said...

Thank you so much for your comment and advice! I will be needing more of that! :) Did you bring any toys or treats to help her come to you at the orphanage? I am willing to bribe her to come over to me. :)