Thursday, August 21, 2008

AGCI Picnic and Other Happenings

This weekend our whole little family went to the All God's Children International picnic. I got to meet some great families and the founder spoke really quick as well. Tobin had a blast and never stopped moving. He wanted to feed the ducks almost the whole time. Grandpa followed him around almost the whole time fending off the geese when they got too pushy.


Tobin even played catch for one of the first times with one of the little girls of an amazing family that we met. They have two children already adopted from Ethiopia (one adopted from the foster system and one biological) and use to live over there as missionaries. They are on the list for a boy and are even around the same place as us on the wait list. We were the only families there that were adopting from Ethiopia here in GA. There are a few other families but they didn't make it to the picnic. Oh my gosh was I ever happy to meet them. I was afraid that I might scare them away because I was so happy and eager to talk with anyone that is also adopting from Ethiopia. They are the first people that I have actually met in person that have or are adopting from Ethiopia. Can you believe it! I read a lot of blogs, but have not gotten to actually talk to someone. We are planning to go out to Ethiopian food after church in a month or so with them (they know all of the good places). I can't wait, they were so nice and knew so much about Ethiopia, adoption, and raising kids.

___________________________________________________________________

We got to hang out with Marcus and baby J.J Sunday night as well. Marcus and Clark taught Tobin how to play video games. He loved it. Great, starting them young.


Mom and baby J.J. Tobin was so happy to see J.J. and kept asking for him the rest of the week. I really think that he does want a little sibling because he asks to see pictures of "bebies" on the computer. So we sit together and look at pictures of Ethiopian babies that have been brought home (from other AGCI families' blogs). He loves looking at them, but always says "I want a bebe"with a really sad face, today he almost started crying about it. I keep telling him in six months or so we will be bringing home our own baby.

Just thought I would throw in this picture because it is so cute. Tobin loves to read his bedtime story with Daddy. He new thing is to also look at his own book while I read another one out loud. He is such a multitasker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ethiopian food! Yum! We don't have any here in central Alabama (that I'm aware of)...

It sounds like Tobin is going to be well prepared for big brother-hood! You're such great parents!