Friday, August 1, 2008
Fingerprints!
Well, we finally got the fingerprint appointments for my parents and brother. Approval from home land security is really the last big paperwork thing that has to be done for the adoption before we can travel. You see, to be able to bring an orphan into the country you have to have approval from CIS (formally known as INS). In order to get approval you have to be fingerprinted by the FBI and send in all of this money and paperwork. I sent in all of the paperwork a long time ago and Clark and I have already been fingerprinted. The problem has been getting fingerprint appointments for the rest of the family who is over 18. They didn't tell me what I needed to send in so that I could get them fingerprinted and my agency didn't know either. I have been sending them stuff and having it sent back for two months. Being a typical government agency, there is no phone number to call and ask such a simple question and so I had make an appointment to talk to someone. In the end what they wanted was so tiny receipt that I would have never guessed that they wanted. Oh well. So thank the Lord that we are finally on our way towards getting approval. That still won't happen for a month or two though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sarah,
Thanks for the book referral. I will order it immediately. I'm thrilled your are adopting from Ethiopia. There are so many children in orphan care there, and when we traveled it was heartbreaking to see so many little kids wandering around on the streets. Congratulations! It will be fun following your journey.
Hi Sarah! Just read your blog and am excited about the fingerprints! Yea!! It won't be long now...Bobba and I are still praying every day for baby Jessa! Love, Grandma
Post a Comment