Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday. I am 29 years old. Next year I will be 30. I am okay with that, even though it does sound pretty old.

Yesterday I had to go to the doctor and get my first set of shots for traveling to Ethiopia. Tobin didn't feel good and seemed to have a low fever an hour before my appointment. Knowing that I couldn't cancel (or I would have to pay money) I left him with my brother Jared who is home for Christmas.

On my way out of the doctor's office I get a call from Jared. I can hear Tobin crying in the background and Jared states that he is throwing up everywhere. Poor Jared, a lot to handle for a young college guy. So I rush home and clean everything up and then sit with Tobin all day and catch more throw up.

So it has been a fun birthday so far. My arm still really hurts from the shots (wow, that hep A hurts like the dickens) and poor T is feeling better but pretty fussy. I did get a nice surprise though this morning when I woke up - the dishes had been done, the laundry folded, and the guest bed made. I have the most wonderful husband. A clean house is the best birthday present ever!

Next year I will be 30 but will get to spend it with both of my kids! I am always wishing that baby Jessa could be home already with us. Today Tobin told me that he wanted to kiss "his baby". But, instead of kissing he makes the sound. It was really cute.

2 comments:

Kelly K. said...

Happy birthday...sounds like a "true" mom b-day! I sympathize with you on the shots...I hate shots, but when I got mine for our trip I kept reminding myself that our little African princess is going to be getting a whole lot of shots, and she won't even know why:) I'll look for your baby at HH and give her a hug for you!

Outdrsycple said...

We have the same court date, so I thought in case we end up traveling together I should get to know you and read your blog a little...good luck to us tomorrow!