Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Oh My Gosh!

I just got the surprise of my life! Today was our court date in Ethiopia and usually it takes a while for you to find out if you passed or not, but I got a call this evening from our case worker telling us and we passed! Jessa is officially our daughter. I can't believe it! I am stunned and still spinning. I had set myself up for not passing and having to wait longer. What a great Christmas present.

We don't have travel dates yet, but it will more likely be the last week in January or the first week in Feb. That means that we will have her home before her first birthday (just barely before). We have so much to do and Tobin is not really ready to be left for so long (since originally we did not plan on leaving him). I am starting to pray really hard and I know that everything has been in God's timing. But, we are just so excited to actually be bringing our baby home!

Ethiopia, here we come (in a month that is).

Merry Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Congrats!!! We can't wait to meet her! Not too shabby of a Christmas gift right there...

Outdrsycple said...

Congrats! It is such a great Christmas present! Can't wait to hear when we will travel.

Jana said...

Yea!!!!!!!!Congratulations!! Isn't it the best feeling the day you find that sweet baby is yours and yours forever?? So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! I am so very excited for you Sarah!

{B} said...

Yay! So, so happy for you guys! I can't wait to see a picture of your sweet baby!