Well, today is December 23rd which was our first court date in Ethiopia. This morning I woke up and realized that at that point court was already going on. I have no idea if our case even made it to the judge in time. If it did I think that we have a pretty good chance of passing. Of course there could always be a problem with one of the parts of the paperwork. If that happened than we wouldn't pass and it would be a month or more before we got another court date. But, since our baby doesn't have any birth parents we could get through court easier (so our case worker says). But, who knows what the courts will do. I know that it could be weeks before we hear if we passed or not. Oh boy that feels like a long time away. I am trying to just wait and not think too much about it.
A court date is a really big deal because if we pass it means that Jessa will be ours legally and then we would travel 3-4 weeks later. If we do pass, we will have to be a crazy hurry to get everything ready and tickets bought that quickly. I am still a little worried about leaving Tobin since he is so young. I suppose that if we don't pass this first time (and most families are not passing the first time round) it will be better for Tobin. We would then have some more time to get him ready for us to leave him. Either way God is in control and is taking care of our little baby girl. I will post more about it when I have more news.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think you would be surprised how many families are now passing court the first time. I'm definitely praying it was all a success!!
Autumn
Post a Comment