Friday, January 16, 2009

Formula, Formula, and More Formula

I have formula coming out of my ears and it is awesome!!!! Ever since I posted and emailed about the formula shortage in Ethiopia I have gotten a great response from our friends.
So far I have collected 21 cans from our friends at church and here in Atlanta. Thanks everyone! My friend Sara in AL even sent me money to buy more.
Then I got a great surprise. I got an email from a mom of two that lives about an hour from me and is looking into adoption from All God's Children. April found my blog and started collecting formula. She had a friend that was a teacher and they did a formula drive at the school. I met her yesterday and she is so amazing and nice. She brought me 40 cans of formula!!!!! It was so nice to meet a new friend and she even has a little boy a few years older than Tobin.



This is what 40 cans of formula looks like. Thanks April for your hard work!!!! I can't wait to take it over to all of the babies in Ethiopia. My Mom is also doing a formula, diaper, and wipes drive at her school so who knows how much more I will get this week. Right now I am trying to figure out how to get it all over to Ethiopia.

4 comments:

O'Dell Family said...

Hi, my name is Heather O'Dell and I learned about your family through April. My class collected formula for our service project. The director of our school has mentioned making this a school wide effort. Do you know of other families traveling to Hannah's Hope who could take more formula with them? Are you in need of more formula? Please email me at your convenience. hleaves@yahoo.com. I am SO excited for you and your family! Cannot wait to hear more about the orphanage and Baby Jessa!

Troy said...

Holy cow! That's AWESOME ... way to go everyone!

Outdrsycple said...

Wow, I'm so excited to see how much formula our whole travel group brings. Don't you wish we could check like 8 bags each? See you in a week...yay.

Kimmie said...

What a blessing this will be. I know it will do Almaz's heart good, as she really has to fight to get formula these days. It must be exhausting for her. Our travel group just left one of her office walls full of formula, she said it was about enough for a month and a half with the 100 babies she helps to feed.

bless you on your journey.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted