One day to go! I can't believe it. I have been packing for two weeks now, but only now have everything so that I can finish.
Our main packing problem has been the ton of formula and donations that we have gotten. I am so grateful for all of them and determined to take every last formula and diaper. So Clark and I decided to only take 1 checked bag between us and the baby.
Our main packing problem has been the ton of formula and donations that we have gotten. I am so grateful for all of them and determined to take every last formula and diaper. So Clark and I decided to only take 1 checked bag between us and the baby.
That's right people I said 1 bag (and some carry-ons)!

Here is it open before closing it. It is right at (slightly under) 50 pounds. I am a major over packer, so for the first time I have really scaled down. I have done a lot of planning and choose every tiny little thing that has gone in very carefully. Everything is needed. Hopefully my planning will have been correct and we will have everything that we must have.
We will see if all of this comes back to bite me while in Ethiopia.
So with our one checked bag, we can bring 3 others for free.
If you have not read my post about the formula, it is below. As it said we were given over 60 cans of formula by our friends and a school. My Mom's school also did a diaper, wipes, and formula drive and I got another 10 cans and tons of diapers. We have packed 3 tubs that weigh just under 50 pounds. The bottom 3/4 ths of the tubs are filled with the 70 something cans of formula and the tops are full of diapers and clothes. An Auburn college store even sent us a bunch of little kids' clothes for the orphanage. I would love to see what a bunch of little African orphans look like in Auburn orange overalls.
We still had a ton of donations left over so we are going to have to take an extra bag to fit the couple more formula cans and the rest of the wipes and diapers. We have called Ethiopian airlines and they said that they would not give us a break on extra luggage even if it was formula for Ethiopian orphans. So I think we will have to pay for the extra bag. We will see when we get to the airport. I am praying for a miracle.Well I have a ton to do so I better go. I am not looking forward to having to say goodbye to Tobin. He loves my parents so I think he will be fine, but I might be a mess on the flight from Atlanta to DC.
We are leaving tomorrow afternoon and will get to DC around 5pm. Then we are meeting some of the other AGCI traveling families near our Ethiopian flight gate. Then at 8:30 pm on Saturday night we will be off to Ethiopia! We get into Addis Ababa Sunday night their time and will be meeting baby Jessa Monday morning. I am so emotional just thinking about it.
Please check my blog every day or so starting on Monday because I am going to email my mom updates to put on the blog.
Ethiopia here we come!

3 comments:
YEA! I am so excited for you. I will praying for you. I am praying for the big things (leaving Tobin, meeting your baby etc) and even the details (the airline, all of the luggage etc) The Lord did not bring you this far to not be concerned about every detail! Looking forward to hearing about your sweet girl!
SO excited for your trip! Our class had a sweet prayer time for your family on Thursday. We can't wait to hear all about baby Jessa!
I am so excited for you! I know leaving Tobin is a really big step for you, but little Jessa is waiting! Soon you will have them both under your wings, safe and sound. What a sweet day! I'll be checking your blog for updates and praying! Godspeed!
Post a Comment