Saturday, January 24, 2009

Off to Ethiopia

The car is full of luggage and they are ready to go!
Tobin looks a little sad - he realizes they are leaving.

This is Sarah's mom doing a posting for her. I just received word that we had a miracle at the airport already. As you know they packed 3 large tubs full of formula and diapers and another duffel bag full of the same. We weighed and weighed them trying to make sure they weren't over 50 lbs. Including Sarah and Clark's suitcase, that made 5 pieces - one extra that would possibly be charged over $120. This morning when we recalibrated the scale we found that the tubs were all about 58 lbs!! They considered taking things out, but decided to pray for favor - and we also prayed that every tub would miraculously weigh under 50.
When they got to the airport, Clark showed the ticket agent Jessa's picture and the letter from the orphanage explaining that everything was donations for the orphanage. She was still concerned about them being overweight though. As each tub came on the scale, Clark prayed out loud, Help us Lord! Two weighed in at 49 lbs and one at 50 lbs! The agent never even mentioned paying for the 5th piece so they didn't have to pay anything!! The extra money that was donated for the luggage charges will now go straight to the orphanage for more formula, diapers, food, etc.
I will posting for Sarah as soon as I get updates from her. Keep praying!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! God is so good! We will be praying. Can't wait to meet our new niece!

Michael said...

I can't wait to hear that they have their sweet baby girl in their arms!!!!!! I will be checking like crazy!!!!

Michelle
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com

PJ Friedel said...

Awesome!!! We're still praying!

Kelly K. said...

Praying for you Sarah as you are arriving at Hannah's Hope! I know that you and your husband will be filled with joy to hold your sweet little baby girl! God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Sarah and Clark,

Praying for you! Thanks for checking in on my sweet girl. Happy travels!

Sunday