Well, our adjustment has taken a beating. We are all sick! I have not felt good all week, but on Monday I started to feel like I was going to throw up. I have felt that way ever since. Last night Tobin threw up every few hours all night long! Fikrte (Jessa) has had explosive watery poop ever since Ethiopia and was going through 4 outfits a day. She was better today since we started giving her some baby probiotic. Sleeping has been hard since she wakes up and has poop all over her.
If I thought I didn't get much sleep before, I am certainly getting none now. The two kids tag team with throw up and poop so that I am up every hour or so. It has been like that for a few nights now. Each day I feel like I am barely making it. Last night Fikrte finally went to Clark and she slept in the big bed with him while I took care of Tobin. At least she got some sleep.
First baths together as brother and sister. I have the whitest and darkest kid ever! The cool thing is that they will never think that is weird or different.
The three of us after another hard night.
On the bright side, Fikrte has really bonded to me and cries when I leave the room. She only wants me to hold most of the time. This gets hard when Tobin is sick and only wants me to hold him too.
He is having a hard time with sharing mommy and his toys and being sick doesn't help. He doesn't want baby to touch anything or do anything. "No, Baby" is his favorite thing to say. As is "Baby ouch me!" He says that when she barely touches him and pouts about it until we ask him if he is okay.
So she is doing great and is happy most of the time! It is amazing how fast she is attaching after all that she has been through. She loves her mommy but will cuddle the best with daddy. If we could just get this nap and sleep thing down we will be cruising.
The three of us after another hard night.On the bright side, Fikrte has really bonded to me and cries when I leave the room. She only wants me to hold most of the time. This gets hard when Tobin is sick and only wants me to hold him too.
He is having a hard time with sharing mommy and his toys and being sick doesn't help. He doesn't want baby to touch anything or do anything. "No, Baby" is his favorite thing to say. As is "Baby ouch me!" He says that when she barely touches him and pouts about it until we ask him if he is okay.
So she is doing great and is happy most of the time! It is amazing how fast she is attaching after all that she has been through. She loves her mommy but will cuddle the best with daddy. If we could just get this nap and sleep thing down we will be cruising.


8 comments:
"Oh my" is right!! I am so sorry to hear that you guys are sick:( That is so hard!!! I sure hope it passes quickly. Your children are so CUTE! Our son has a hard time sharing too. He says "No No G" to our baby ALL THE TIME!!!
Hang in there!
Michelle
Sorry to hear that your all sick. Matt and I felt sick the first few days home but seem to be doing better now. Lidya is also going through 3-4 outfits a day. My washer has never worked so hard before. We had her a the doctor on Monday and she is on antibiotics for a sinus infection. We were really thinking that she had an ear infection but were glad to here that was not the case. Her lungs were also clear. So she is pretty healthy otherwise. Last night was the first night she really slept though. Praying you get some sleep soon. We miss you guys.
Love the bathtub pic! What 2 cuties you have! I'm so glad you are safely back from ET. I will pray for you and all the adjustments in the home...sick kids, sleepless nights, etc. I can totally relate to the tiredness...our new toddler is wonderful, but she is full of ENERGY!!! Luckily, my other children love chase her around:) Again, welcome home!
What beautiful children...I love the bathtub picture. I love her skin tone...she is just gorgeous. Tell Clark to get ready to keep those boyfriends away! Hee Hee!! That picture is a keeper! I hope you feel better soon. I'll keep you guys in prayer!
Sunday
oh my gosh brother and sister. weird. your comment on how they will grow up thinking nothing strange about being different colors brought tears to my eyes. i always had this feeling thats how our family was going to be and now its actually coming true. jessa is just the first of many :)
Hi there! I pray you all get better soon. It has been a joy to have stumbled upon your blog as our application has recently been approved by AGCI. Welcome back and what a blessing to have your daughter home. She is too cute!
PS - Thanks for sharing so much of your experience. It's comforting to know what we might expect and at the same time is making me giddy for the day we enter HH to hold our own child.
Oh, my I'm sorry you guys all got sick. We have been fairly healthy, but have been getting no sleep. For all he slept in ET he is making up for it by being awake here. Is Clark back to work yet? I've been so thankful that Jared has been home this week. I really hope all these kids start sleeping again!
Sarah, I am writing to you way out here in Arizona. Wanted to let you know how overjoyed we are for you all! Your new blessing,Jessa, is absolutely adorable! My heart is just swollen with joy for your family! Sending blessings from the Cogburn Family! Ange
Post a Comment