I am so glad to be home! It is wonderful to be able to take a shower and not be worried about how the water smells a little like trash. We loved Ethiopia and want to move there now, but we also knew that once we got home Fikrte would do better.
She adjusting great. She cries when I leave the room sometimes and often prefers me over Clark. She is still a Daddy's girl though and will only really sit and cuddle with him. Clark finally has someone who will sit and watch TV with him.
Tobin is having a tough time today and we hear "No Baby" from him a lot. But, all and all he is doing well. There has been some fits about having to share. Fikrte is crawling everywhere and is pulling up to a stand (she is almost a year old after all) so she gets into his toys. This next week will be hard, but Tobin will get use to it. He loves to come up and kiss her and hug her and it is so cute.
Jessa Fikrte is just the happiest baby. She is so different from those first few days in Ethiopia when she was mourning the loss of the nannies and her life in the orphanage. For that reason though she seems to have attached pretty fast. We still have a long road ahead, but things look bright.
While she is easy going in general, she has an opinion about a lot of things and lets you know loudly when she is not happy! She won't let me do her hair at all and starts screaming when I try. I think that she is still not feeling good because she has diaria all of the time and goes through 4 outfits a day.
Sleeping is going pretty well so far. She and Tobin wake up about 3 times during the night (at different times of course) so I don't get much sleep. Around 5 am though she thinks it is morning and I have to get to go back to sleep.
I will post about our trip to Ethiopia soon!

3 comments:
welcome home! the pictures are great.
I am so happy that you made it home safely and that everyone is finally getting the opportunity to settle in to life! your little baby girl is so beautiful!
Welcome home! I pray that can get super human rest during your minimum amounts of sleep! PTL you're home and beginning a new chapter. She's beautiful and fits into your family perfectly.
Peace to you as you all adjust.
Sarah and Clark,
Welcome home!!!!! She is just beautiful...I wonder if Jessa and my little one look anything alike. Her eyes are so sparkly and pretty. She looks so happy. Congratulations!
Sunday
Post a Comment